Retired National Mediation Board arbitrator Roy J. Carvatta, known to many UTU general chairpersons, has died in Chicago at age 87.
Carvatta served for many years as the NMB’s director of arbitration services, retiring in 1996.
In an advisory posted by the NMB, it was said, “He seemed to know by name every person he passed on the streets of Chicago, especially the restaurant owners.”
- SM Local 24 member joins NABTU, union leaders, elected officials to highlight opportunity in Ohio
- Illinois State Legislative Director helps announce major rail project
- New SMART News features interviews with GP Sellers, incoming GP Coleman, an update on rail legislation following East Palestine, and more
- ‘Best practices’ to be discussed at officers’ TD coalition meeting in May
- From the Ballast: ‘Getting railroaded’
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!