Retired National Mediation Board arbitrator Roy J. Carvatta, known to many UTU general chairpersons, has died in Chicago at age 87.
Carvatta served for many years as the NMB’s director of arbitration services, retiring in 1996.
In an advisory posted by the NMB, it was said, “He seemed to know by name every person he passed on the streets of Chicago, especially the restaurant owners.”
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson