Retired National Mediation Board arbitrator Roy J. Carvatta, known to many UTU general chairpersons, has died in Chicago at age 87.
Carvatta served for many years as the NMB’s director of arbitration services, retiring in 1996.
In an advisory posted by the NMB, it was said, “He seemed to know by name every person he passed on the streets of Chicago, especially the restaurant owners.”
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching