SMART Transportation Division will be conducting a Treasurers’ Workshop at the International Headquarters located in North Olmsted, Ohio on March 8-10, 2016.
Attendance will be limited to 35 registrants, so those interested in attending are instructed to contact Dora Wolf in the Updating Department by calling (216) 228-9400, or by email at email@example.com as soon as possible to reserve a spot in the class.
While all treasurers will likely benefit from this workshop, newly elected treasurers are strongly encouraged to attend. The three-day training session comes at no cost to the local. However, the local is responsible for all expenses associated with the treasurer’s attendance. Lost time or salary, travel, hotel and meal expenses connected with attendance may be reimbursed if pre-approved at a local meeting as an allowable expense of the local.
The workshop will provide local treasurers training on the responsibilities and reporting duties pertaining to the office, including direct receipts and WinStabs. It will also focus on the completion of mandatory filings with the IRS and Department of Labor as well as instructions on completing a monthly billing properly.
A block of rooms is being held at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport, 25070 Country Club Blvd, North Olmsted, OH 44070. Corporate room rate is $78 (+tax) without breakfast or $89 (+tax) with breakfast. The deadline for room reservations is Monday, February 29, 2016.
Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-395-7046 and providing code SMART TD Union when making reservations.
Training sessions will be conducted by SMART TD Field Auditors Mike Araujo, Bobby Brantley and John Purcell. Space is limited and attendees will be accepted on a first-come basis. It is recommended that those attending make their hotel reservations at the time of registration.
If possible, attendees should bring a notebook computer and USB flash drive.
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- RRB announces retiree earnings limits will increasse in 2023