Members planning to attend one or both of the UTU’s regional meetings this summer can now complete their registration online through the UTU website.
The secure pages on the UTU website provide for safe and convenient registration. There’s no need for filling out a paper registration form or finding a postage stamp.
UTU regional meeting registration and hotel information, as well as web links to make hotel reservations online, can be accessed by visiting www.utu.org and clicking on the “Meetings” box on the bottom of the UTU homepage. Links to the host hotels, city visitor bureaus, and online car-rental and airline-discount information are also available.
Regional meetings will be held July 1-3 in Boston and July 29-31 in Anaheim, Calif.
Each regional meeting will run for 2-1/2 days, ending early on the afternoon of the third day. The evening of the first day has been left unscheduled so you, your family and friends will be free to explore and enjoy the many offerings of the regional meeting cities.
All those attending the regional meetings must be registered in order to attend any planned social function. Children ages 11 and under who are pre-registered are complimentary.
The pre-registration fee for the 2013 regional meetings is $150 per member, spouse or child over age 11, the same fee charged the last six years. Additional fees apply for the golf outings and family tours. You must make your own room reservations, and certain deadlines apply.
The $150 registration fee covers all workshop materials; a welcoming reception the night before the meeting; three lunches and one evening meal. Those wishing to attend only the workshops do not need to pay the registration fee. No one-day registrations are offered.
You may cancel your meeting registration 10 days prior to the first day of the meeting or the golf outing without penalty. Call the International at (216) 228-9400 or email PR_TD@smart-union.org immediately regarding any changes or cancellations.
If you choose to register by mail, you must submit a completed registration form listing each attendee, regardless of age. Complete payment in U.S. funds must be received at the UTU International, 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, North Olmsted, OH 44070-5333, by June 21 for the Boston meeting or by July 19 for the Anaheim meeting, or the registrant will be charged an on-site registration fee of $200.
- SMART-TD members ratify tentative agreement with Norfolk Southern
- TD DLC firm pitches in to assist with Minn. 2PC success
- Sara Youngdahl is new SMART-TD DLC Coordinator
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Nevada members: Let Gov. Lombardo know he should sign rail safety bill!
- GO-851 and GO-513 reach tentative agreement with CSX with paid sick days
- Minnesota governor signs omnibus bill, making two-person freight crews law
- Input needed for union’s FTA bus operator safety comment
- Railroad Retirement Board statements of service being issued