An executive for the Rapid City, Pierre & Eastern Railroad said the start-up RCP&E is getting steadily better at moving grain this harvest – good news for farmers dealing with record wheat crops, good corn yields and some record sunflower yields.
“There is a tremendous amount of grain that needs to move, and RCP&E is working hard to help our customers, the elevators and farmers, to catch up as much as possible,” said Jerry Vest, senior vice president of government and industry affairs for Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services Inc. Genesee & Wyoming operates the Rapid City, Pierre & Eastern Railroad, which got its start earlier this year.
Read the complete story at the Capital Journal.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Local 85 (Ga.) Service Awards
- Secure your future. Vote!