The International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers (SMART) is committed to protecting your privacy. This page explains how the SMART Communications staff gathers and handles information from visitors to the Web site and reflects our dedication to securing the information you entrust with us.
The only personal information SMART-Union.org collects is what you voluntarily provide through online registration forms, purchases or e-mails. This information may include your name, e-mail address, street address, phone number, membership status and local union affiliation. We do not store sensitive personal information. The information you provide is used only to communicate with you (if you grant permission to do so) more effectively. Other information you submit through online forms is kept confidential. It will not be sold or shared with unaffiliated third parties, such as mass marketers. SMART-Union.org provides personal information on a secure and confidential basis to third parties that have contracted with SMART to offer services that it cannot offer on its own, such as selling merchandise, offering travel services or sending e-mail alerts. These third-party providers are required to protect the privacy of SMART members and site visitors. They must safeguard your information and can use it only to complete the purchases or tasks you’ve authorized. In accordance with the Children’s Online Protection Privacy Act (COPPA), SMART-Union.org does not knowingly collect, use or distribute personal information on children to any third party.
Agreements with third-party vendors require they use secure servers and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission and processing of payments and financial information. These agreements state that the vendors may store your information in order to make future purchases easier. Review the privacy policies of each SMART partner for more details. SMART also has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from visitors to the web site.
SMART-Union.org also collects nonindentifying information to help the International monitor and analyze usage patterns and web traffic, including the name of your Internet service provider, the browser you are using, the web site that referred you, the pages you visited while on the site and the date and time of your visits. We use this information on an aggregate basis to generate statistics that help us improve the usefulness of the site.
USE OF ‘COOKIES’
OPTING OUT OF E-MAILS
SMART-Union.org will only send email that you have signed up to receive. If you wish to stop getting email from us, choose the “opt out” link in the message. SMART-Union.org does not send unsolicited email nor does it send emails requesting personal or financial information. Delete emails you believe to be suspicious.
MOBILE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobile Terms and Conditions
- There is no fee from SMART Union to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply- this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
- By subscribing to SMART Union Membership and Family alerts, the user consents to receive automated text messages from SMART Union. Recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply.
- If you have any questions, text HELP to 67336 or contact us at 1-800-457-7694 or email@example.com. To stop receiving messages, text STOP to 67336.
All above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in and consent; this information will not be shared with any third party.