Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited the SMART Ontario Training Centre on Friday, September 2, where he celebrated Labour Day weekend with SMART members, local leadership and Executive Director of Canada’s Building Trades Unions (CBTU) Sean Strickland, among others. Along with welcoming the prime minister and discussing policy initiatives, like investments in apprenticeships and workforce development, SMART members presented Trudeau with a copper clock.
- Elections matter: How your vote has helped workers since 2020
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Recent progress made.
- Progress made for Bus Dept. and 2PC rule
- Building a healthy future for all Canadians
- SMART MD membership votes to ratify contract with freight rail carriers
- SMART Local 206 journeyperson Annet Del Rosario wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference in San Francisco focuses on “Growth Through Unity”
- White House highlights partnership with SMART, SMACNA and NEMI
- Railroad, Mechanical and Engineering Department Report