This Labor Day, SMART General President Joseph Nigro will be present for the Omaha, Neb., Labor Day parade and other festivities. The SMART Transportation Division, led by Transportation Division Nebraska State Legislative Director Bob Borgeson, will also host other events at the Sheet Metal Workers Hall in Omaha Sept. 1-2.
The event kicks off with a “membership feed” Sept. 1 at 6 p.m. Members who show up will receive a T-shirt to wear for the parade. The Labor Day parade will be held Sept. 2 and line-up to walk in the parade is at 9 a.m. at 16th and Webster Streets. There will be mini-trains and a SMART TD caboose for children to ride on.
Borgeson encourages all SMART members in the Omaha area from both the transportation and sheet metal divisions to attend. For more information, contact him at (402) 679-0872, or email him at email@example.com.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼
- SMART-TD mourns the loss of Local 1374 conductor Erik O’Brien￼
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Bill’s passage would place Santa Cruz Metro under PERB
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- TD SLD becomes president of NJ SEED coalition
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast