President Trump is requesting $120 million in his 2018 budget to restart the licensing process to store nuclear waste under Nevada’s Yucca Mountain. This could also mean a revival for a proposed rail line to the remote site.
The project was first proposed in the 1980s but Nevadans on both sides of the aisle have been disapproving of the project.
Click here to read more from Trains.com.
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼
- General President Sellers’ Memorial Day video message