SMART TD-represented trainmen employed by Paducah and Louisville Railway (P&L) have ratified a new five-year agreement by an overwhelming majority.
The agreement provides for wage increases beginning on January 1, 2014, and each year through 2018, for a 16 percent cumulative increase.
In addition to the general wage increases, the agreement provides full back-pay, an increase in certification and meal allowance payments, increases in 401K contributions and a cap to health and welfare contributions over the life of the agreement. The agreement also establishes call windows for regular assignments, preserves cost of living adjustments and improves bereavement and personal leave provisions.
“General Committee of Adjustment 433 (CN Illinois Central) General Chairperson Adren Crawford, retired General Chairperson Red Dare, former General Committee Secretary JJ. Russum, Vice General Chairperson Jonathan Dooley and Local 785 (Paducah, Ky.) Chairperson Jason Luscombe did an outstanding job of bringing the members’ concerns to the table and negotiating an agreement with dramatic improvements in wages and working conditions,” said Vice President Dave Wier.
- <strong>PACT Act lifts burden of proof for veterans with burn pit claims</strong>
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- FMCSA pre-employment requirement in effect Jan. 6
- Railroad Retirement and Unemployment Insurance Taxes in 2023
- Action needed to support Congressional Workers Union
- Union states 2PC case before FRA
- AFL-CIO TTD: Rail labor will not rest until freight rail industry is fixed and rail workers are treated fairly
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act