Through the work and dedication of SM Local 103 (Helena, MT) Business Rep. Brandon Leatham, SM Local 103 has secured work on the new Black Canyon High school in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
“By strategically using the Idaho Market Recovery Fund over the last couple of years we were able to be in a position to target this project for our S.E. Idaho members,” said John L. Carter, Local 103 Business Manager.
YMC Inc., a mechanical contractor from Meridian, Idaho, was the successful bidder–over two large non-union shops—for the 23,000 man-hour, $5.2 million HVAC job.
The school will serve about 1,500 students at first and will be constructed with the infrastructure to add more classrooms and 300 additional students. The school will cover just over 250,000 square feet.
Unity raises market share
“With a completion date of August 2018, this project is a great opportunity for our members to work in their home area and showcase their skills for this contractor.
“Local 103 has been working to increase our market share in southeastern Idaho, and with this project the members are able to see what can be done when we all work together,” Carter said.
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Representatives Norcross and Chu introduce No Tax Break for Union Busting Act
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- SMART statement on SCOTUS roll-back of reproductive rights
- SMART Education Department holds organizing training in Portland
- Talking SMART: Member Brings Voice of Working Families to CT Statehouse
- Special Focus: Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund certified as healthy, in the ‘Green Zone’
- SM Local 73 lends warmth to Chicago residents
- SM Local 9 SMART MAP Eliminates Stigma Around Mental Health