Railroad employees and/or their eligible dependents covered under the national railroad medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits plans may now find information about those benefits on a single web page.
The Railroad Information Depot webpage address is www.rrinfodepot.com
Note that this web site pertains only to the nationally negotiated railroad health and welfare plans. If you and/or your eligible dependents are not covered by those benefits plans – and this includes Amtrak employees – you should continue to seek information about your health care benefits from your employer.
Each of the benefits administrators for rail employee health care insurance negotiated under the national railroad medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits plans hosts a home page at the Railroad Information Depot. The providers include Aetna, Highmark, MetLife, Medco, vsp, and United Healthcare.
By logging on to www.rrinfodepot.com, rail employees will find a central point of access for information about health care benefits, regardless of which benefits administrator provides coverage.
Here are some of the categories that will be available at the new website:
* Information on completing a health risk assessment to help you stop smoking, lose weight or become a happier person.
* Tips on reducing risks of developing cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other chronic diseases that are largely preventable.
* Alerts and important dates regarding annual open enrollment periods.
* Current topics of interest and news on specific health issues.
* On-line access to each of the summary plan descriptions.
* Information on medical care, mental health, substance abuse, disease management, wellness programs, pharmacy, dental care, life insurance, vision care, and sickness benefits – regardless of the health care benefits administrator.
* Links to network providers, helpful tools and educational materials, contact information, and the various forms necessary for filing for benefits.
* A dedicated retirement section providing information and links to assist you in transitioning into retirement.
* Railroad Enrollment Services information to ensure you understand who is eligible for coverage under your plan and the documentation required.
Once at the website, you will be able to navigate over a topic to read more about what it offers; and, if it’s what you are looking for, you will need only to click on the topic to find more in-depth information.
Again, the website is:
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor