Source: Cleveland.com, 2/13/17
COLUMBUS, Ohio – On February 13, 2017, Rep. John Becker (R) introduced H.B. 53, a Right-to-Work measure designed to weaken collective bargaining rights for public and private employees.
H.B. 53 would allow public sector employees to opt out of joining a unio n or paying union dues, and would eliminate state mandated “fair share” or agency fees used for collective bargaining purposes.
Current state law allows collective bargaining agreements to require collection of “fair share” fees from non-union employees.
The measure would also enable unions to opt out of representing employees who choose not to join.
Read more here.
Left: Dr. King’s quote on ‘right to work’ lie.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”