WSLS.com reported that Norfolk Southern plans to cut 2,000 jobs in response to its fourth quarter profits sliding 29 percent amidst its attempts to ward off a takeover bid from Canadian Pacific.
Read the entire article here.
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available
- SM LU 71 Opens New Buffalo Training Center
- SMART members in Indiana pay tribute to trailblazing suffragist