Norfolk Southern said Nov. 3 it intends to hire 500 employees by year end, and add another 2,600 employees in 2012 to meet growing demand for service and to replace those retiring.
Hiring will be for conductors, as well as other crafts, including freight car repairers, machinists, signal maintainers, and track maintenance workers.
For more information, click on the following link:
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor