NewsObserver.com reported that 16 freight cars from a Norfolk Southern train derailed last night in Ripley, N.Y., along Lake Erie. The accident interrupted Amtrak service from New York to Chicago. Ethanol leaking from some of the cars prompted an immediate evacuation of nearly 55 homes, and area schools were closed today. No injuries were reported and reason for crash is still undetermined.
Read the complete story here.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available