Delegate credentials for the first SMART Convention in Las Vegas have now been emailed to all Transportation Division local secretaries, except those secretaries for whom no email address was available. This credential is for the so-called “automatic delegate,” that is, the local delegate of record and presumed to be attending the Transportation Division Convention in San Diego.
If your local is going to be represented in Las Vegas by the alternate delegate, the local secretary must email email@example.com advising that the alternate delegate will be attending. Information contained in the email about the alternate delegate should include: the last four digits of the social security number, first and last name, email address, telephone number and street address.
Once the alternate delegate information is received and confirmed, a new credential will be created for the alternate delegate and emailed to the local secretary.
Upon receipt of these delegate credentials, they must be properly executed by the local and the duplicate credential returned to the SMART offices in Washington, D.C. The original credential must be properly executed by the local and given to the delegate for presentation at registration upon arrival at the Las Vegas convention.
For those locals electing additional delegates for attendance in Las Vegas, the secretary must be a registered SMART Base user in order to submit the required election information. To become a SMART Base registered user, visit http://smartbase.versiform.net.
Delegates and guests should go to the “Cvent” registration site in order to properly register for the convention. The web site for this purpose is http://cvent.com/d/z4qs82.
It is very important that the handling of credentials and registration of delegates and guests be completed as soon as possible to avoid any potential delays or problems upon arrival in Las Vegas for the first SMART Convention.
If there are any questions, feel free to contact the SMART offices in Washington or Cleveland, or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service