Talking SMART: Ep. 2 Looks At SMART-Union Response to COVID-19
In the second episode of Talking SMART, we talk with SMART leadership about the impact the COVID-19 crisis is having on our members and their jobs, as well as how SMART is mobilizing across the United States and Canada to help and support members and communities in need.
We first hear from Randy Krocka, the head of SMOHIT – the Sheet Metal Occupational Health Institute Trust. Randy fills us in on the important work SMOHIT is doing to help members stay informed and be safe at home and on the job during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We also speak with SMART Transportation Division President Jeremy Ferguson, who addresses what SMART is doing to protect rail and transit members at work, what the response to COVID-19 has been from federal transportation agencies and rail carriers, and the critical role all our TD members are playing during this time of crisis.
Finally, we talk with SMART General President Joseph Sellers, for a summary of what SMART is doing to help and support members — both in terms of workplace health and safety, and financially — as business shut-downs, lay-offs and stay-at-home directives ripple across the economy.
- SMART COVID-19 Resources for Union Members
Online portal with information and links to a variety of resources available to union members.
- SMART Emergency Legislative Alert Page
Updates on the impact of the legislative and regulatory response to the COVID-19 crisis on members, as well as links to available government resources.
- State Resources and Benefits Available to U.S. Workers Impacted by COVID-19Links for every U.S. state, the District of Columbia and some local municipal resources for workers who have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Provincial Resources and Benefits Available to Canadian Workers Impacted by COVID-19Links to resources for each Canadian province and territory for members and workers affected by disruptions caused by the COVID-19 virus.
- Sheet Metal Occupational Health Insitute Trust (SMOHIT)SMOHIT’s online COVID-19 portal with up-to-date news and information to keep you and your family healthy.
- SMART Member Assistance Program (SMART MAP)
Grief and trauma counseling is available to SMART members and their families