RRB announces schedule for Fall pre-retirement seminars
Thinking of retiring soon?
Designed for railroad employees and spouses planning to retire within five years, the pre-retirement seminars offered by the Railroad Retirement Board are designed to familiarize attendees with the retirement benefits available to them, and also guide them through the application process. Sponsored by the Office of the Labor Member, seminars are held at a number of locations annually. Registration is required to attend.
RRB field service representatives conduct each pre-retirement seminar using a slide presentation covering the various benefits provided retired rail workers and their families. Attendees receive a program booklet of this presentation with detailed side notes and fact sheets. In addition to the program booklet, seminar attendees receive a retirement kit full of informational handouts and other helpful materials. Online and downloadable versions of items included with seminar kits are available on the RRB’s Educational Materials webpage.
Schedule and registration
Registration is required to ensure accommodations and materials for all attendees.
- Unless otherwise noted, pre-retirement seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. and are held over the course of 4 hours. (Doors open for attendees 30 minutes before the seminar start time.)
- Security screening is required for seminars hosted inside any Federal buildings. Bring a current, valid photo ID (issued by State/Federal Government); no weapons permitted.
- Parking fee for seminars marked with *.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required in order to file a railroad retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
- Please let the RRB know if you sign up for a seminar and become unable to attend.
Can’t join the RRB for a seminar, but still interested in learning about the railroad retirement program and application process? Please contact the RRB via Field Office Locator or by calling toll-free (1-877-772-5772) for pre-retirement information or to schedule an appointment for individual retirement counseling at your local RRB field office.
- September 6, 2019: Hilton Garden Inn (Downtown/Convention Center), 305 Korean Veterans Boulevard, Nashville, Tennessee
- September 13, 2019: Bondi Building, 311 East Main Street, Basement Floor, Galesburg, Illinois (Free parking in rear only)
- September 13, 2019: Best Western Plus CottonTree Inn, 1030 N 400 E, North Salt Lake, Utah
- September 20, 2019: Gerald W Heaney Federal Building, 515 W 1st Street, Room 407, Duluth, Minnesota
- October 11, 2019: Richard Bolling Federal Building, 601 E 12th Street, Room G-41 (Dogwood Conference Room), Kansas City, Missouri
- October 18, 2019: Southwest Regional Library, 9725 Dixie Highway, Louisville, Kentucky (10:00 a.m. start time)
- October 18, 2019: Sheet Metal Workers #19 Union Hall, 1301 South Christopher Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 25, 2019: William S Moorhead Federal Building, 1000 Liberty Avenue, Room 1310, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
To RSVP on paper instead, print a registration form to complete, then mail or fax to your local RRB field office.