As we remember 2015, we recall the moments that have defined the past year and look forward to forging a stronger path in the new year.
In these uncertain times, let us remember our Brothers and Sisters who came before us: all of those who stood united in the face of danger and against all odds—all of those who stood unified for the greater good. Their sacrifice, solidarity and resolve brought justice to the workplace, security for working families, and is the foundation of our country.
In these first few days of 2016, we stand united, and we stand with the spirit of those who walked the path before us. We carry the commitment to fight the good fight, and together, we welcome the brand new year with a sense of renewed hope, strength, gratitude and solidarity.
I wish all Members and their families a happy and healthy new year.
It was working men and women who made the 20th century the American century. It was the labor movement that helped secure so much of what we take for granted today. The 40-hour work week, the minimum wage, family leave, health insurance, Social Security, Medicare, retirement plans. The cornerstones of the middle-class security all bear the union label—President Barack Obama
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching
- A Labor Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- SMART-TD Seeks Enforcement of FRA Safety Bulletin Following Fatalities Involving Newly Hired Conductor Trainees
- SMART-TD and labor win latest battle against carriers, AAR
- SMART-TD stands with BMWED in lawsuit against BNSF
- CSX enhances conductor training with additional week of hands-on experience