With 86 percent voting in favor, UTU-represented signal maintainers, mechanical forces and maintenance-of-way employees on Illinois & Midland Railroad (IMRR) have ratified a new five-year contract covering wages, benefits and working conditions.
Illinois & Midland is a subsidiary of Genesee & Wyoming.
The new agreement provides a general wage increase, retroactive pay to April 1, 2010, a cap on health care insurance contributions, a new short-term disability plan, an enhanced 401(k) plan, and enhanced options for personal leave days.
UTU International Vice President Delbert Strunk, who assisted with the negotiations, praised IMRR General Chairperson Bo O’Leary and Vice General Chairpersons Donnie Maurer and Loren “John” Thomas for their efforts during the negotiations.
Illinois & Midland Railroad is a 97-mile short line in central Illinois that interchanges with BNSF, Canadian National, Iowa Interstate, Kansas City Southern, Keokuk Junction, Norfolk Southern, Tazewell & Peoria, Toledo, Peoria and Western Railway, and Union Pacific.
Its principal commodities include chemicals, coal, food and feed products, forest products, metallic ores and minerals, and municipal solid waste.
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB