The standard basic daily and mileage rates of pay negotiated under the new national rail contract are now available at smart-union.org/td/.
The rate tables pertain to employees in the crafts of conductor, yardman, brakeman, engineer and fireman/hostler who are covered by the national contract and are retroactive to July 1, 2010.
The ratified contract covers some 38,000 UTU members employed by BNSF, CSX, Kansas City Southern, Norfolk Southern, Soo Line, Union Pacific and numerous smaller carriers – all represented in national handling by the rail industry’s National Carriers’ Conference Committee.
To view the rates, select “Documents” in the blue-line menu bar near the top of the UTU homepage, then select “Rates of Pay.” For a direct link to the rate tables, click here.
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract