On Saturday Oct. 3, community leaders, politicians and union members gathered in Dorchester, Massachusetts to honor SMART General President Emeritus Joseph Nigro with the dedication of the Local 17 Union Hall building in his name.
The plaque, placed on the walls at the entrance to the hall describes his contributions to the community and the union as well as the passion he held for his fellow working men and women who he dedicated his working life to.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Local 85 (Ga.) Service Awards
- Secure your future. Vote!