On Saturday Oct. 3, community leaders, politicians and union members gathered in Dorchester, Massachusetts to honor SMART General President Emeritus Joseph Nigro with the dedication of the Local 17 Union Hall building in his name.
The plaque, placed on the walls at the entrance to the hall describes his contributions to the community and the union as well as the passion he held for his fellow working men and women who he dedicated his working life to.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available