National rail contract talks are continuing between the UTU and the National Carriers’ Conference Committee (NCCC).
The NCCC represents BNSF, CSX, Kansas City Southern, Norfolk Southern, Union Pacific and numerous smaller carriers.
Four negotiating sessions have been conducted since Jan. 1, when the existing contract came open for amendment under provisions of the Railway Labor Act.
In the initial two bargaining sessions, the UTU discussed with the carriers the topics of employee productivity, railroad finances and the general economic environment.
A May bargaining session focused on health care issues; and the sides met again in late June.
The next bargaining session is scheduled for September, where the parties will revisit economic and health care issues.
The existing agreement, covering some 40,000 UTU members, remains in force until amendments are concluded under provisions of the Railway Labor Act.
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa
- Photo recap of TD Labor Day events
- A Labor Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Fringe benefit review shows substantial gains for rail workers
- Additional information out for October TD meeting in Toledo
- Last chance in 2023 for TD members to open-enroll in VLTD, VLIFE plans!