The new national rail contract and its increased rates of pay become effective Sept. 16.
Sept. 16 is also the trigger date from which the carriers are pledged to make retroactive wage payments within 60 days.
Health care changes will be implemented after Jan. 1.
New rate tables can be found on www.utu.org by selecting “Documents” in the blue-line menu bar near the top of the homepage, then selecting “Rates of Pay.”
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson