The balloting period will extend for 21 days to 4 p.m., Eastern time, Friday, Sept. 2.
Voting will be by craft under the craft-autonomy provisions of the UTU Constitution. Crafts voting will be brakeman, conductor, engineer, fireman, yardman and yardmaster.
Members will vote based on the craft in which they worked on the day previous to ballots being mailed.
Voting packages provide instructions on how to cast ballots by telephone.
Votes will be tabulated by BallotPoint, which will report the results to the International. Results will be posted at smart-union.org/td/ when received by BallotPoint, which is expected the day voting is closed.
Results will be based on valid ballots cast.
To stay current on news relating to the tentative national rail contract, visit smart-union.org/td/ and click on the “National Rail Contract” link at the bottom right corner of the home page.
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching