The balloting period will extend for 21 days to 4 p.m., Eastern time, Friday, Sept. 2.
Voting will be by craft under the craft-autonomy provisions of the UTU Constitution. Crafts voting will be brakeman, conductor, engineer, fireman, yardman and yardmaster.
Members will vote based on the craft in which they worked on the day previous to ballots being mailed.
Voting packages provide instructions on how to cast ballots by telephone.
Votes will be tabulated by BallotPoint, which will report the results to the International. Results will be posted at smart-union.org/td/ when received by BallotPoint, which is expected the day voting is closed.
Results will be based on valid ballots cast.
To stay current on news relating to the tentative national rail contract, visit smart-union.org/td/ and click on the “National Rail Contract” link at the bottom right corner of the home page.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson