Railway Age reported that the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) released a request for proposals (RFP) for the upcoming purchase of 940 subway cars worth an estimated $3.2 billion.
The MTA’s inclusion of the U.S. Employment Plan in this latest purchase, as advocated by the group Jobs to Move America, could help support up to 33,165 U.S. jobs.
Read the entire story here.
- SMART News episode 10 features Local 19 member on Biden endorsement, coverage of railroad victories, GP Coleman’s visit to Tenn. megaproject and more
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- ProPublica reports: “As Rail Profits Soar, Blocked Crossings Force Kids to Crawl Under Trains to Get to School”
- Defense of our bus operators is needed
- SMART News episode eight features member voices on right-to-work repeal, rail safety, jobs in Ohio and more
- Green, UNION jobs: SMART members continue to build our green future on Earth Day 2023
- Sheet metal worker-owner earns “Contractor of the Year” honorable mention
- Deputy Labor Secretary Julie Su has walked the walk for workers