Railway Age reported that the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) released a request for proposals (RFP) for the upcoming purchase of 940 subway cars worth an estimated $3.2 billion.
The MTA’s inclusion of the U.S. Employment Plan in this latest purchase, as advocated by the group Jobs to Move America, could help support up to 33,165 U.S. jobs.
Read the entire story here.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results
- SMART TD seeks photos for annual Alumni calendar
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act