Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Ltd, the railway involved in last month’s deadly derailment and explosion in Lac-Megantic, Quebec, filed for bankruptcy protection on Wednesday, saying the move would enable the company to preserve the value of its assets.
The railway said it lost much of its freight business following the July 6 disaster, which killed 47 people and devastated the town of Lac-Megantic.
Read the complete story at NBC News.
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)