The family of Brother Curtis C. McConihay has established a memorial fund for his two daughters.
McConihay, 32, of Local 1386 (Parkersburg, W.Va.), was killed in an accident on CSX property in Washington, W.Va., on Dec. 14.
He was a U.S. Marine veteran and lived in Southside, W.Va., with his wife, Megan, and their two daughters, Madalynn and Alexis. He joined SMART-TD in May 2015 and was a conductor for CSX.
Contributions to the family can be made through PayPal at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/mcconihay.
“Please let us keep his family in our thoughts and prayers, as his family is now our family,” said Local 1386 Chairperson W.R. Parsons. “We will keep his memory alive by remembering the good times as we are better people for knowing him. God bless his wife Megan and his precious daughters.”
His obituary can be read here.
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson