WALLA WALLA COUNTY, Washington — John P. Schneider, 54, of Spokane Valley, Wash., was hit and killed by a Union Pacific train around 5 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31. The accident occurred near the Wallula train yard in Walla Walla County, Wash. No one else was injured in the accident.
Schneider had been a member of Local 1505 in Spokane, Wash., since 2004. SMART TD extends their condolences to the Schneider family, friends and members of Local 1505.
Information about funeral arrangements will be posted as they become available.
Click here to read more from Action News.
- Bus VP Studivant retires; James Sandoval is new VP
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- Union sheet metal workers’ mental health program spotlighted by America’s Work Force Union Podcast
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action