WALLA WALLA COUNTY, Washington — John P. Schneider, 54, of Spokane Valley, Wash., was hit and killed by a Union Pacific train around 5 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31. The accident occurred near the Wallula train yard in Walla Walla County, Wash. No one else was injured in the accident.
Schneider had been a member of Local 1505 in Spokane, Wash., since 2004. SMART TD extends their condolences to the Schneider family, friends and members of Local 1505.
Information about funeral arrangements will be posted as they become available.
Click here to read more from Action News.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson