With the acquisition of the 21-mile rail line between Framingham and Mansfield, Mass., MassDOT can now connect the Framingham/Worcester, Needham, Franklin, and the Attleboro/Northeast Corridor commuter rail lines. The line also will provide added rail capacity for passenger trains to switch to alternative routes in cases where capital projects may cause disruptions to normal service.
The Framingham Secondary Line is also a major rail corridor for the shipment of freight between several key points in eastern Massachusetts, including Readville, Milford, Franklin, Fall River, New Bedford, and Worcester.
Read more from Rail Resource.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results