ANNAPOLIS, Md. – On March 17, the Maryland House of Representatives voted in favor of HB 381, a measure that would require at least two crew members on all freight trains operating in the state of Maryland. The bi-partisan bill has moved to the Senate finance committee.
SMART TD members residing in Maryland: Click here to visit the SMART TD Legislative Action Center to send a message to your federal and state reps in Maryland to support two-person crews on all freight trains.
All SMART TD Members: Click here to visit the SMART TD Legislative Action Center to send a message in support of HR 233 – The Safe Freight Act – which would mandate a minimum crew of two-persons for all freight trains operating in the U.S.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”