The International Association of Sheet, Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers (SMART) and its allied unions on the Long Island Rail Road urge all members, friends and supporters of organized labor to a “LIRR Labor Rally” on Saturday, June 21, at 11 a.m. at the Massapequa Train Station.
LIRR employees have worked without a contract since June 15,2010. In a ruling delivered May 20, a Presidential Emergency Board found decisively in favor of LIRR employees in their ongoing dispute with New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) over wages, work rules and pension reforms.
Please forward this message to all your friends, family and co-workers and urge them to attend this important rally.
The more of us who take a stand, the louder our voices will be.
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)