Two locals have placed holiday party announcements in the November issue of the UTU News, which may not reach all members in sufficient time to plan attendance.
To ensure that members have advance notice of the upcoming get-togethers, see the listing of announcements below:
Local 622, Birmingham, Ala.
All UTU members and their families are invited to the annual “Jimmy Lee Dorough” Christmas Party of this local Dec. 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Whistle Stop Café, 1901 First Avenue in Irondale, Ala. Please notify Alabama State Legislative Director Ron Clements at (334) 264-8758 if you will be attending. “Merry Christmas, and we hope to see you there,” Clements said.
Local 768, Decatur, Ill.
Two Christmas parties are scheduled for members of this local next month, Local Chairperson Dan Calhoun reports. Local 768 and the Brennan Law Firm will hold their annual party Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. at the Mt. Zion Lions Club. The menu is a traditional holiday meal including ham, turkey, and all the fixins’. There will be music and the bar will be open for wine and beer. All railroaders and their spouses or a guest, from all crafts in and around the Decatur area, are invited. Reply to Larry Stephenson at (217) 428-1171 or Lloyd Holman at (217) 423-0210. For more information, call The Brennan Law Firm at (800) 816-7245. A members-only party in conjunction with the law firm of Callis, Papa, Hale & Szewczyk will be held Dec. 15 at 6:30 p.m. during the local’s regular monthly meeting at the IBEW Hall, 3390 N. Woodford St. in Decatur. Food and refreshments will be provided. Designated legal counsel will be on hand to provide members with a presentation and answer questions.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson