Two locals have placed holiday party announcements in the November issue of the UTU News, which may not reach all members in sufficient time to plan attendance.
To ensure that members have advance notice of the upcoming get-togethers, see the listing of announcements below:
Local 622, Birmingham, Ala.
All UTU members and their families are invited to the annual “Jimmy Lee Dorough” Christmas Party of this local Dec. 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Whistle Stop Café, 1901 First Avenue in Irondale, Ala. Please notify Alabama State Legislative Director Ron Clements at (334) 264-8758 if you will be attending. “Merry Christmas, and we hope to see you there,” Clements said.
Local 768, Decatur, Ill.
Two Christmas parties are scheduled for members of this local next month, Local Chairperson Dan Calhoun reports. Local 768 and the Brennan Law Firm will hold their annual party Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. at the Mt. Zion Lions Club. The menu is a traditional holiday meal including ham, turkey, and all the fixins’. There will be music and the bar will be open for wine and beer. All railroaders and their spouses or a guest, from all crafts in and around the Decatur area, are invited. Reply to Larry Stephenson at (217) 428-1171 or Lloyd Holman at (217) 423-0210. For more information, call The Brennan Law Firm at (800) 816-7245. A members-only party in conjunction with the law firm of Callis, Papa, Hale & Szewczyk will be held Dec. 15 at 6:30 p.m. during the local’s regular monthly meeting at the IBEW Hall, 3390 N. Woodford St. in Decatur. Food and refreshments will be provided. Designated legal counsel will be on hand to provide members with a presentation and answer questions.
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa
- Photo recap of TD Labor Day events