Union Pacific switchman, Jon Beckman, 48, was killed when he was struck by a train Friday, Sept. 22. He was working in Arlington, Texas when the accident occurred.
Beckman was a member of Local 243 in Ft. Worth, Texas, for 19 years. He served the local as president since 2007 and local chairperson since 2012, and was also the local’s delegate.
The SMART TD National Safety Team has been dispatched to the scene and is helping the NTSB with the investigation.
SMART TD extends its deepest condolences to the Beckman family and to all who knew him.
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- Ann Simon, wife of TD Alt. VP Anthony Simon, passes away
- TD Local 18 member killed in derailment
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson
- SMART-TD mourns the loss of Local 1374 conductor Erik O’Brien￼
- Longtime Mo. SLD passes away￼