Kara Clarke, daughter of member and engineer George Clarke, has been nominated to compete on the U19 United States girls’ soccer team this summer at the 2014 United World Games in Klagenfurt, Austria, Local 446 Chairperson Tyler Thompson reports.
Members of the local are assisting the family in a fundraising effort to raise money for the family’s travel expenses and accommodations.
To view a flyer detailing the Clarke family’s three fundraising raffles, click here.
- Local 583 member John Thornton killed when crew van hit by suspected DUI driver
- Fundraiser established to help former local officer in cancer battle
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Online fundraiser established for family of deceased TD conductor trainee
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023