SMART SM Local 265 (DuPage County, Ill.) celebrated the graduation of 40 apprentices to journeyperson status on Friday, August 26, with International Organizers Paul Hayes and Darrell Garrison joining the Local 265 and Local 219 (Rockford, Ill.) leadership and staff for an honorary reception.
“Turnout was great for a graduation ceremony,” said Dennis Moran, a member of the Local 265 education department. “I’m very proud of all the graduates, they have worked very hard to get to this point.”
Of the 40 new journeypersons, 19 are sheet metal workers, while 21 are service technicians — including four from Local 219, who used the Local 265 service program for their training. SMART congratulates these brothers and sisters on their hard-earned achievement!
SMART Local 265 Business Manager: John Daniel
Business Agents: Matt Gugala, Kevin Galass, Brian McSherry, Ron Mika, Brian Dahlman
Organizer: Jay Jones
SMART International Representative: Paul Hayes
International Training Institute: Darrell Garrison
Local 219 Business Manager: Joe Cook
SMART Local 265 Education Staff:
Dennis Moran: Director of Training
Instructors: Joe Carone, Anthony Aarns, Kelly Marcellis, Chris James, Joel Orozco
Sheet Metal: Joseph Balzer, Matt Beaudoin, Michael Callahan, Dan Courtright, Grant Fehrenbach, Hunter Freres, James Gerasco, Bryan Granzow, Tim Greenhill, Pete Helms, Greg Krupa, Lucas Lage, Adam Miller, Alyssa Moss, Jay Smithberg, Dan Spencer, Nick Svoboda, Wesley Taylor, Danielle Wilson
Service: Rocco Cervone, Brandon D’Ambrosia, Jordan Dotson, Eric Estes, Justin Garrelts, Shawn Gilles (Local 219), Robert Harris, Martin Heidkamp, Tanner LaFew (Local 219), Alec Mingl, Michael Napier, Clayton Omelson, Brett Piller, Michael Rueck, John Straple, Anthony Tortorelli, Keven Ward, Kyle White (Local 219), Matt Wolf (Local 219), Tyler Zitzka, Drake Zollers
- Special Focus: SMART General President Joseph Sellers retires with track record of accomplishment
- The greatest honor of my lifetime
- Congratulations and thanks for a job well done
- We can create change, if we will it
- Working for a better tomorrow!
- Tunnel replacement projects promise jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- 2022 Bureau of Labor Statistics report demonstrates need for organizing, pro-labor legislation
- BE4ALL launches first Toolbox Talk
- Kline joins NEMIC as director of building construction technology
- NEMIC adds new director of implementation