For two months members of the SMART Local #24 Women’s Committee and SMART Army collected personal care items to put care packages together for homeless Veterans. We had collection boxes at all Union Halls and many of the contractor’s shops for members to donate items and or cash. Several contractor’s pitched in and made cash contributions, which allowed us to purchase items still needed to fill the bags.
On Friday, November 1, 2019, members of the SMART Local #24 Women’s Committee and SMART Army got together to put the care packages together. We ended up with 108 care packages total, 78 men’s and 30 women’s.
Friday, November 8, the care packages were delivered to the VA Community Outreach Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, to be delivered to homeless veterans.
- Union sheet metal workers’ mental health program spotlighted by America’s Work Force Union Podcast
- SMART Chief International Rep. Scott Parks passes away
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Department of Labor updates prevailing wage regulations in win for SMART members and building trades workers
- SMART Leadership Conference concludes with stellar lineup of speakers, allies
- Union sheet metal leaders prepare for bright future on conference’s final day
- 2023 SMART Leadership Conference continues forward momentum on second day
- Sheet metal union leaders gather on day two of Leadership Conference to focus on progress
- “This is Our Time:” Second SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in Washington, D.C.
- Sheet metal union leaders get to work on first day of Leadership Conference