For two months members of the SMART Local #24 Women’s Committee and SMART Army collected personal care items to put care packages together for homeless Veterans. We had collection boxes at all Union Halls and many of the contractor’s shops for members to donate items and or cash. Several contractor’s pitched in and made cash contributions, which allowed us to purchase items still needed to fill the bags.
On Friday, November 1, 2019, members of the SMART Local #24 Women’s Committee and SMART Army got together to put the care packages together. We ended up with 108 care packages total, 78 men’s and 30 women’s.
Friday, November 8, the care packages were delivered to the VA Community Outreach Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, to be delivered to homeless veterans.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”
- Special Focus: Infrastructure and Jobs Act expected to create jobs for SMART members