Travis “Bowie” Andrepont, the secretary/treasurer of Local 1947 in Lake Charles, La., was killed before dawn on Tuesday, Aug. 20, in a rail accident in Beaumont, Texas.
Andrepont, 39, of DeQuincy, La., had worked for Union Pacific for 16 years, a UP company spokeswoman told The Associated Press.
Brother Andrepont became a member of SMART Transportation Division in January 2006 and had been the local’s S&T since January 2018. A conductor, he also was secretary of LCA 577 (sUnion Pacific-MP).
“His love for his wife and his children, surpassed everything else,” his obituary read.
He is survived by the love of his life, Paiton Andrepont; one son, Riley; two daughters, Shiloh and Amelia; his mother, Lesa Russell and step father, J. Russell; grandparents, Walton and Dellie Baggett and Audrey Andrepont, all of DeQuincy; one brother, Brian Andrepont of Houston; two sisters, Dawn Lewis and husband David of DeRidder, and Ashley Broussard and husband Jason of Lake Charles.
An online fundraiser has been established to assist his family in their time of mourning.
SMART TD expresses great sorrow at this tragic loss and extends condolences to Brother Andrepont’s family, friends, local and all who knew him.
Condolences for Brother Andrepont’s family and friends may be left at this website.
The NTSB was notified of the accident, and local authorities are investigating, according to law enforcement.
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson