SMART TD Bus Vice President Calvin Studivant reports that Roshonda McIntosh, 41, died March 16, and Ira Fitzgerald, 53, died March 17. Both members had been ill.
McIntosh and Fitzgerald were both members of Local 1704 in Kansas City, Mo., and had been long-time bus operators for First Student, Inc.
SMART TD wishes to express our condolences to the families, friends and members of Local 1704 during this difficult time.
Ira Joe Fitzgerald enjoyed working on cars, fishing and interacting with his family. He attended Vatterrott College in Kansas City, Mo., where he earned a degree in Electrical Engineering. When he was driving buses for First Student, Fitzgerald worked with different contractors as an electrical engineer.
He is survived by his children, Joseph Terrell Henderson, Treneka Robinson, LaStarza Thomas, Donte Ridgeway and Illisha Fitzgerald; step mother Rose Dianne Fane; brothers James Martin, Johnny Fitzgerald, Lovell Martin, Anthony Fame, Michael Tate, Ira Carthell Hickman, Darrell Fane, Corey Fane and Edward Monte Shelby; sisters Patricia Hixon, Diane Stevens, Ileasia Handy, Tameka Fane, Lisa Jones, Margie Fane and Danea Fane; and grandchildren, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles.
A celebration of life will be held Saturday, March 25, from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. at New Greater Love Church, 1249 N. 12th St., Paducah, KY 42001.
Click here to view the official obituary or to leave condolences for the family.
Visitation for Roshonda Monique McIntosh will be held Friday, March 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Highland Park Funeral Home and Crematory, 4101 State Ave., Kansas City, KS 66102. Funeral services will immediately follow visitation at 12:00 p.m.
Click here to view the official obituary and to leave condolences.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen