Vice Chairperson Debria L. Bradford (GCA-STU), 56, a longtime officer of SMART Transportation Division Local 1704 (Kansas City, Mo.), passed away Jan. 26, 2022.
“She served numerous positions in our local — sergeant of arms, trustee,” said General Chairperson Sharon Harris (GCA-STU). “Debria was instrumental in helping negotiate our last contract. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.”
Services for Sister Bradford will be Feb. 4, 2022, beginning with a 10 to 11 a.m. viewing. Services will immediately follow at Memorial Missionary Baptist Church, 11424 Hickman Mills Dr., Kansas City, Mo., 64134
“Our union mourns her passing,” said Bus Department Vice President Calvin Studivant. “May her memory always be a blessing.”
SMART Transportation Division expresses its condolences to Sister Bradford’s family, friends and her brothers and sisters in Local 1704 whom she proudly served for many years.
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa