Robert Kevin Spragg, 59, passed away Monday, June 20, 2022. An active member of Local 1420 (Memphis, Tenn.) since August 1998, Spragg served as the local chairperson for LCA-001A (BNSF) since 2012 and as a delegate at the 2014 and 2019 conventions. He was a dedicated union man.
“Kevin worked over 25 years for BNSF Railway and was Local Yard Chairman of SMART-TD Union Local 1420, where he was regularly sought-after by his colleagues for guidance, advice, and a friendly, no B.S., humorous personality,” his obituary said.
In his downtime Brother Spragg loved entertaining family and friends, traveling and collecting antiques. He was also an avid New York Yankees fan and liked cooking, classic movies and yacht rock. He was known as a person who checked on and helped others.
Brother Spragg is survived by his wife, Georgia Cooper Spragg; his mother, Anita Spragg; brother, Steve Spragg (Paula); sons, Jesse Cooper (Lizzy), Ryan Spragg (Cindy), Tyler Spragg (Sydney); granddaughters, Molly Elizabeth Cooper and Allie Spragg; grandson, Ozzy Spragg; nephew Hunter Spragg; nieces, Sophie Townsend and Megan Rasberry; as well as a large extended family and friends.
A celebration of life will be held at Memphis Funeral Home, 5599 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN on Saturday, June 25, from 1 to 4 p.m. The family requests that donations be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or to the World Wildlife Fund in lieu of flowers.
“Kevin has been active in Local 1420 for many years and will certainly be missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with Brother Spragg’s family,” GO 001 leadership said in a statement.
SMART-TD extends its heartfelt condolences to Brother Spragg’s family, friends, Local 1420 and to all who knew him.
Follow this link to read his obituary or to extend condolences.
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- STB approves CP-KCS merger
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor