Rail and bus members have until Sept. 28 to start coverage
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (Aug. 15, 2023) — SMART-TD announces an additional opportunity for actively working bus and rail members to enroll in the new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) and Voluntary Group Life (VLIFE) insurance plans.
This will be the last opportunity this year for members to get protected. The last date for enrollment is Sept. 28 for an Oct. 1, 2023, effective date. Coverage highlights are detailed below:
- Protects members’ income if they cannot work due to injury, illness or surgery.
- Tax-free benefits with no medical exams/questions required to enroll.
- Up to $5,000 of monthly benefits for up to five years.
- Benefits start paying after the SMART VSTD stops — 238 days for rail members and 365 days for bus members.
- Members can elect up to $250,000 with no medical exams/questions required.
- Benefits double in the event of an accidental death.
- Enrollees receive 24/7 on- and off-the-job protection.
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa