UTU local and International officer Kenneth L. Knorr, 58, died Jan. 20.
Knorr was a member of Local 1031, Savannah, Ga.
He hired on with the Seaboard Coast Line, now part of CSX, in 1977.
He served in a variety of local union offices for 29 years, and was president of Local 1031 for many years. He also served as local chairperson for the Savannah yard and road crews. In 2010, he was appointed to fill a vacancy as alternate to the UTU executive board. In 2011, he was elevated to executive board member. He worked for CSX railroad for more than 30 years.
He is survived by his wife of 30 years, Nancy; his daughter, Meagan; son, Patrick; and his mother, Christine Knorr Flathmann.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Relentless Campaign, Savannah Christian Church, 55 Al Henderson Blvd., Savannah, GA 31419, or Hospice Savannah, P.O. Box 13190, Savannah, GA 31416.
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor