UTU local and International officer Kenneth L. Knorr, 58, died Jan. 20.
Knorr was a member of Local 1031, Savannah, Ga.
He hired on with the Seaboard Coast Line, now part of CSX, in 1977.
He served in a variety of local union offices for 29 years, and was president of Local 1031 for many years. He also served as local chairperson for the Savannah yard and road crews. In 2010, he was appointed to fill a vacancy as alternate to the UTU executive board. In 2011, he was elevated to executive board member. He worked for CSX railroad for more than 30 years.
He is survived by his wife of 30 years, Nancy; his daughter, Meagan; son, Patrick; and his mother, Christine Knorr Flathmann.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Relentless Campaign, Savannah Christian Church, 55 Al Henderson Blvd., Savannah, GA 31419, or Hospice Savannah, P.O. Box 13190, Savannah, GA 31416.
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250