SMART Transportation Division-member yardmaster nearing retirement wishing to maintain their current connection with Minnesota Life to retain a supplemental $2,000 life insurance benefit should contact the Yardmaster Department at the SMART Transportation Division Headquarters to obtain an enrollment form.
Please note, you must enroll within 60 days of your last day worked to receive this coverage.
Contact the SMART Transportation Division by calling (216) 228-9400, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with the enrollment form, members must remit a one-time $20 charge to Minnesota Life to retain the coverage. The charge is required by Minnesota Life due to its contract with participating railroads.
To retain the coverage, send the form, along with a check made payable to “Minnesota Life Insurance” in the amount of $20 to: SMART Transportation Division, 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, North Olmsted, OH 44070-5333.
Upon receipt, SMART-TD will certify your continued coverage and forward the check to the insurance company with your enrollment information.
On the form, please include the name of the railroad, the last date worked, your date of birth, your Social Security number and the date you applied for your retirement annuity.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson