SMART Transportation Division-member yardmaster nearing retirement wishing to maintain their current connection with Minnesota Life to retain a supplemental $2,000 life insurance benefit should contact the Yardmaster Department at the SMART Transportation Division Headquarters to obtain an enrollment form.
Please note, you must enroll within 60 days of your last day worked to receive this coverage.
Contact the SMART Transportation Division by calling (216) 228-9400, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with the enrollment form, members must remit a one-time $20 charge to Minnesota Life to retain the coverage. The charge is required by Minnesota Life due to its contract with participating railroads.
To retain the coverage, send the form, along with a check made payable to “Minnesota Life Insurance” in the amount of $20 to: SMART Transportation Division, 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, North Olmsted, OH 44070-5333.
Upon receipt, SMART-TD will certify your continued coverage and forward the check to the insurance company with your enrollment information.
On the form, please include the name of the railroad, the last date worked, your date of birth, your Social Security number and the date you applied for your retirement annuity.
- From the Ballast: ‘Getting railroaded’
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support