SMART Transportation Division-member yardmaster nearing retirement wishing to maintain their current connection with Minnesota Life to retain a supplemental $2,000 life insurance benefit should contact the Yardmaster Department at the SMART Transportation Division Headquarters to obtain an enrollment form.
Please note, you must enroll within 60 days of your last day worked to receive this coverage.
Contact the SMART Transportation Division by calling (216) 228-9400, or by email to email@example.com.
Along with the enrollment form, members must remit a one-time $20 charge to Minnesota Life to retain the coverage. The charge is required by Minnesota Life due to its contract with participating railroads.
To retain the coverage, send the form, along with a check made payable to “Minnesota Life Insurance” in the amount of $20 to: SMART Transportation Division, 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, North Olmsted, OH 44070-5333.
Upon receipt, SMART-TD will certify your continued coverage and forward the check to the insurance company with your enrollment information.
On the form, please include the name of the railroad, the last date worked, your date of birth, your Social Security number and the date you applied for your retirement annuity.
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)