Brothers and sisters,
One of our organization’s main goals this past year was to take the lead.
We have done that by making progress on numerous fronts — technologically, organizationally and contractually. While the results have not been rapid or easily gained, our focus on the work at hand and our solidarity are helping us to break through. There’s evidence of this in every member with whom I’ve met this year. We are laying the foundation for greatness, one step at a time. It’s a long process, but we all will be proud of the results in the end.
No doubt, the past two years have tested us, but it’s that core concern for each other — the solidarity that unites this union and the labor movement at large — that can overcome all challenges and setbacks. Whatever the future throws at us, it pales in comparison to our collective strength.
This next year will bring more improvements and chances for us to lead — locally, regionally and nationally. There will be more chances to educate, communicate, organize and protect. With your involvement and your support, what we can accomplish is limitless.
Please be safe this holiday season, and remember that, historically, from the week before Thanksgiving to the week after New Year’s Day is the most-dangerous time of the year regarding transportation accidents, injuries and fatalities. Please stay focused and vigilant at work, and let us continue to take care of each other!
The best gift we can give our loved ones during this holiday season is to return home safe, sound and healthy.
God bless all of you, and I wish you and your families a happy holiday season.
President — Transportation Division
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers