CBS reports that high-speed, southbound Amtrak Cascades train 501 derailed on an overpass this morning near DuPont in Washington state. At least one train car crashed down onto Interstate 5 and blocked all lanes of traffic.
Authorities say that injuries and casualties have been reported but no details as to how many have been given. First responders are treating the accident as a mass casualty event.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
Click here to read more from CBS.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”