Annual health and welfare enrollment materials for railroad employees and/or dependents covered under the National Railway Carriers and United Transportation Union (NRC/UTU) Health and Welfare Plan are being mailed by UnitedHealthcare.
(Those members covered under the national health and welfare plan should have already received their enrollment materials in the mail.)
Included is a “Dependent Add Form” designed strictly for adding dependents to your plan during this open enrollment period who are not already listed on the “Enrollment Form.”
Certain dependent children under age 26 are eligible for coverage under the plan. Please read this section carefully and, if these children qualify for coverage, they must be added to the “Enrollment Form” and that form returned to UnitedHealthcare no later than Nov. 11 in order to be eligible for benefits beginning Jan. 1, 2012.
It is important that you open this material upon receipt to verify that the information on the enrollment form is correct. If you have opted-out of coverage you MUST renew your opt-out for 2012 and return it by Nov. 11. If you add eligible dependent children, you must return the “Enrollment Form” no later than Nov. 11 for your elections/ changes to become effective Jan. 1, 2012.
If members do not receive these enrollment materials, call Railroad Enrollment Services toll-free at 1-800-753-2692.
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Nevada members: Let Gov. Lombardo know he should sign rail safety bill!
- GO-851 and GO-513 reach tentative agreement with CSX with paid sick days
- Minnesota governor signs omnibus bill, making two-person freight crews law
- Input needed for union’s FTA bus operator safety comment
- Railroad Retirement Board statements of service being issued
- SMART-TD takes lead during ‘Railroad Safety Day’ on Capitol Hill
- Registration for annual SMART Leadership Conference now open for TD officers
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- Union launches rail hours of service violation report, updates safety condition and rail technology event report