The National Labor College in Silver Spring, Md., has scheduled several hazardous materials train-the-trainer programs to help build a nationwide pool of peer instructors.
Funded by the Department of Transportation, the train-the-trainer courses provide regional peer trainers with the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver this awareness level hazmat training at their job-sites, union meetings and in their communities.
An advanced instructor training course will be held in St. Louis, June 18-22.
Basic courses will be held July 16-21 and July 22-27 at the National Labor College campus in Silver Spring, Md.
These three courses may require participants to have completed other courses.
For more information on the prerequisites, and to register, go to www.hazmatgmc.org and scroll to “2011-12 DOT HMIT Grant Hazardous Materials Instructors Training,” or send questions via email to email@example.com.
The National Labor College said additional courses may be scheduled between Jun 1 and Sept. 30.
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract