On this Labor Day, we can be thankful for the resiliency each and every member of this Union has shown in dealing with the after-effects of this past recession. While there is still much work left to do, we are on the right track to a better and brighter future for members and their families.
This past month of August saw us merge into one union as delegates and leaders from both the transportation and sheet metal industries forged a future together.
We are one and we will not let anything or anyone divide us. The solidarity that binds the members of this organization was evident at the Convention. We returned to our work with a better understanding of each other’s role in representing our members. We will build on our over 270 years of shared history to make this union even stronger in representing the members who make the industries we work in run better every day.
You represent this Union and its high standards each and every day at work. You are what makes this Union great. We pledge to represent you with the same dedication you bring to work every day.
On behalf of your fellow 216,000 SMART members across the United States and Canada, please enjoy a safe and happy Labor Day.
SMART General President
Joseph Sellers, Jr.
SMART General Secretary-Treasurer
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- SMART General President Joseph Sellers receives George Meany Award during NCCMP Conference
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- Alert for freight rail members
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on Labor Day 2022
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- TD President Ferguson’s statement on PEB 250’s recommendations
- PEB a.m. update: Aug. 17, 2022
- Announcement to come regarding PEB