General Committee of Adjustment GO 851 General Chairperson John D. Whitaker III reports that Assistant General Chairperson Ben Davis has resigned his position.
While he remains an active CSXT employee, Davis will continue to serve the SMART Transportation Division general committee and his local training and mentoring new Assistant General Chairperson Ray Hudnall of Local 903 at Jacksonville, Fla., and new Local 1221 Chairperson Chris Whidden.
Davis, chairperson for Local 1221 at Tampa, Fla., served as local secretary & treasurer of his local for 10 years, chairperson as 27 years and assistant general chairperson for 14 years.
“Brother Davis has been an anchor in this organization for many years and Brothers Hudnall and Whidden both feel extremely fortunate to be able to rely on Ben for counsel and advice,” Whitaker said.
“This type of unselfish act personifies Brother Davis’ character, always placing the organization ahead of himself. He is one of the hardest working individuals in this union due to his love and belief in the SMART Transportation Division and its membership. His knowledge in so many areas will be sorely missed. We wish Ben and his wife, Paula, all the best.”
“In that vein, we would like to welcome Brothers Whidden and Hudnall on board.”
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB